How can I stay updated about the weather in case of a winter storm?

To maintain communication in case of a winter storm, follow these tips:

Make sure you have at least one of the following in case there is a power failure:

• Battery-powered radio (for listening to local emergency instructions). Have extra batteries.
  • National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) weather radio receiver (for listening to National Weather Service broadcasts).

Find out how your community warns the public about severe weather: Siren, radio, TV.

Listen to emergency broadcasts.

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Hurricane Sally Expected to Make Landfall Along Gulf Coast
Hurricane Sally is expected to become a Category 2 storm, making its way towards the coasts of Louisiana and Mississippi. The hurricane is expected to...
As a teen, what can I do to get through a disaster okay?
As a teen, you can do a few things to get through a disaster okay: It's a good idea to take care ...
What emergency supplies should I keep in my home in case of a hurricane?
You should stock your home with supplies that may be needed during the emergency period. At a minimu...
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
With hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions, Hawaii residents need to keep furry friends ready for anything.