How prepared are we for a bioterrorism attack?

There is still much to be done before we are ready to face an act of bioterror. Learn more in this video with Dr. Oz, Dr. Alexander Garza, Dr. Stephen Flynn, and Frances Townsend.

Bioterrorism is always a concern in the United States. There are laboratory facilities throughout the U.S. where dangerous infectious diseases are studied. There are only 3 biocontainment patient care units. The units are in Maryland, Georgia, and Nebraska. These are specialized care facilities that can treat an ill person while protecting the community.

For more information about the Nebraska Biocontainment Unit, please copy this link into your web browser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a68NdXDk9Tk.

If you are a health profession student or healthcare provider, there is more information on response to biological emergencies at: www.unmcheroes.org.

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

The 2019 Pacific Hurricane Season Could Be Bad—Prepare With These Expert Tips
Mention September 11 to most Hawaii residents, and the date will conjure a national tragedy. But to some, particularly on Kauai, that day is also set ...
What emergency supplies should I keep in my car in case of a winter storm?
Prepare your car with emergency supplies in case a winter storm hits. Cell phone; portable charge...
How can I sanitize containers to store water for a disaster?
To sanitize containers for water storage in the event of a disaster: Wash containers with dishwas...
How to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter Storm
How to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter Storm
A winter wonderland can be dangerous. Here’s how to keep yourself and your family safe when a blizzard strikes.