How can I prepare for a terrorist attack?

You can do several things to prepare for and be ready to respond to a terrorist attack. These suggestions can benefit you and help you assist others:

• Make a plan for yourself and those with whom you live. Prepare a disaster supplies kit.
  • Review your options so you have made decisions about what to do before something unexpected happens.
  • If you live alone, maintain social ties with coworkers, friends and family members. Keep their contact information with your other disaster supplies and equipment.
  • Keep a spare pair of glasses and extra medicine handy in case you need to leave quickly.
  • Learn about preparedness plans in your town and workplace. Contact your local emergency management agency.
  • Know your neighbors and how to get in touch with them.
  • Keep important documents in a safe, accessible place in case you need to leave your home.
  • Learn more about stress—what it does, how you respond to it and ways to deal with it.

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Emergency Kit Essentials That Aren’t Food and Water
Not everyone is as vulnerable to wildfires as residents of California, Washington and Oregon. Earthquakes don't occur nearly as often in North Dakota ...
How can I prepare for a disaster if I am pregnant?
To prepare for a disaster if you are pregnant, find out what your local community action plan is and...
How can I be prepared for an emergency?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Have a plan of action in case of emergency. Know who you can call if you suddenly need help. Pla...
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
With hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions, Hawaii residents need to keep furry friends ready for anything.