As a teen, who can I talk to if I am not coping well after a disaster?

As a teen, asking for support to deal with the emotional effects of a disaster may feel uncomfortable, but seeking the assistance you need can really help. You can start by talking to one or more of these people:

• your family doctor or healthcare provider
  • a school counselor or teacher
  • a pastoral care counselor
  • a trained mental health professional
  • your community health center or the local mental health clinic
  • mental health support groups, which can be found on the Internet

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

How to Prepare for a Winter Storm
How to Prepare for a Winter Storm
Uh oh. The evening news is showing ominous weather maps, the salt trucks are out and long lines are forming at the supermarket. There’s a blizzard com...
How can my children help prepare a disaster supply kit?
Involving children when preparing a disaster supply kit is the first step in helping them know what ...
Who can I ask for support to help me cope after a disaster?
Experiencing a disaster can leave people feeling like life will never be the same. Asking for suppor...
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
With hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions, Hawaii residents need to keep furry friends ready for anything.