What unusual appearances or behaviors may indicate a possible emergency?

Unusual appearances or behaviors include:

• Unconsciousness
  • Confusion, drowsiness or unusual behavior 
  • Trouble breathing 
  • Sudden collapse, slip or fall 
  • Clutching the chest or throat 
  • A person doubled over in pain 
  • Slurred, confused or hesitant speech 
  • Sweating for no apparent reason 
  • Uncharacteristic skin color 
  • Inability to move a body part

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Run, Hide, Fight: How to Protect Yourself During an Act of Mass Violence
As incidents of intentional harm increase in the US, many people are wondering how best to protect themselves in the event of a mass shooting or other...
How do I create a family disaster plan?
Planning for a disaster means knowing what to do in each possible situation. Whether you have to eva...
How can I prepare an emergency plan for a disaster if I am pregnant?
If you are pregnant, it is important that you create an emergency plan to help you in the event of a...
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
With hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions, Hawaii residents need to keep furry friends ready for anything.