What is the prevalence of egg allergies?

The exact prevalence of egg allergies specifically is unknown, but the percentage is low. Food allergies exist in just 4 percent to 8 percent of children, and that number drops to just 2 percent of adults. And though an egg allergy is one of the more common food allergies, there are seven other food allergies that help account for the vast majority of all food allergies.

Continue Learning about Egg Allergy

If I have an egg allergy, what egg substitute can I use when baking?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you have an egg allergy, you can use the following substitutions for eggs when baking: 1 teas...
What causes an egg allergy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Egg allergies are caused by your immune system's overreaction to particular egg proteins. These prot...
What are the treatment options for an egg allergy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The best natural treatment for an egg allergy is to avoid eggs. If eggs cannot be avoided, there are...
What is an egg allergy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
An egg allergy is an improper reaction by your immune system—in this case, to eggs. Your body spends...