What ingredients should I look for to avoid eggs?

The following ingredients usually signify that egg protein is contained within the product: albumin, globulin, lecithin, livetin, lysozyme, simplesse, and vitellin. These are important because the proteins in eggs are what people with egg allergies are actually reacting to. In addition, avoid ingredients that start with the prefixes "ova" or "ovo," such as ovoglobulin. Don't just rely on labels that say "egg free," as these products may still contain the egg proteins.

Continue Learning about Egg Allergy

What do I need to know about caring for someone with an egg allergy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
When caring for someone with an egg allergy, it's most important to be aware of what you're feeding ...
Is an egg allergy life-threatening?
Egg allergies can be life-threatening if you have a serious reaction. Similar to other food allergie...
Should I talk to my doctor about my egg allergy symptoms?
You should always talk to your doctor about your egg allergy symptoms, even when they are mild. Thou...
How can I protect my child from an egg allergy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
You cannot protect your child from developing an egg allergy, but you can protect your child from re...