How is an egg allergy diagnosed?

Egg allergies can sometimes be diagnosed through an analysis of symptoms and history, though an actual test may be used to confirm an opinion. If you suspect an egg allergy, keep a careful record of foods you've eaten, symptoms and reactions you've experienced, and any treatments you've had. Your doctor may also perform a skin test, in which the skin is pricked with a bit of the egg protein to see if a reaction occurs. In other cases, your physician may take a blood sample to perform a blood test, which checks levels of egg protein-fighting antibodies.

Continue Learning about Egg Allergy

How can I protect my child from an egg allergy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
You cannot protect your child from developing an egg allergy, but you can protect your child from re...
What causes an egg allergy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Egg allergies are caused by your immune system's overreaction to particular egg proteins. These prot...
What are the treatment options for an egg allergy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The best natural treatment for an egg allergy is to avoid eggs. If eggs cannot be avoided, there are...
Is an egg allergy life-threatening?
Egg allergies can be life-threatening if you have a serious reaction. Similar to other food allergie...