What do I need to know about caring for someone with an egg allergy?

When caring for someone with an egg allergy, it's most important to be aware of what you're feeding them, giving them to drink, and letting them handle to ensure that everything is egg-free. Familiarize yourself with products that contain egg proteins, including surprising ones such as shampoo, cosmetics and finger paints. Also avoid ingredients that start with "ova" or "ovo," which are usually attached to egg proteins.

If you are caring for someone with a severe egg allergy, be sure you have an epinephrine syringe and that you know how and where to inject it.

Continue Learning about Egg Allergy

How can I protect my child from an egg allergy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
You cannot protect your child from developing an egg allergy, but you can protect your child from re...
What are the treatment options for an egg allergy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The best natural treatment for an egg allergy is to avoid eggs. If eggs cannot be avoided, there are...
What is an egg allergy?
Dr. Julie Wang, MDDr. Julie Wang, MD
An egg allergy is an immune reaction to egg proteins. When an egg allergic person is exposed to egg ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my egg allergy symptoms?
You should always talk to your doctor about your egg allergy symptoms, even when they are mild. Thou...