Do I need to go to the doctor if I had a mild reaction to eggs?

You should always talk to your doctor about any reaction you have to eggs. If you are developing an egg allergy, your first reaction might be mild. However, future reactions could be more serious if you ingest a larger amount. Your doctor can diagnose the allergy, provide treatment, and advise you of ways to avoid future reactions.

Continue Learning about Egg Allergy

Egg Allergy

Egg Allergy

Allergies to eggs and egg whites are more common in children than adults, causing rashes, hives, inflamed nasal passages, vomiting and even anaphylaxis, a life-threatening reaction. Many children outgrow this allergy. Over-the-cou...

nter antihistamine medications can help relieve mild allergy symptoms, but avoiding eggs and food containing egg and egg products is the only way to stay safe. Read all product ingredient labels, and be careful even of egg substitutes, which can contain egg whites.