How can hemifacial spasm be treated?

Botox injections are used in the majority of patients. Drug therapy can be used, but it is effective in only about 5 percent of cases. Rarely, surgery may help to relieve the compression of the blood vessel on the nerve, but serious complications are possible, such as permanent hearing loss and facial weakness.

Continue Learning about Effects of Stroke

How can I tell if a stroke is causing bleeding into the brain?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
There is no way to tell the type of stroke until the person gets to an emergency room and undergoes ...
What neurological problems could I have after a stroke?
After a stroke you could have any combination of neurologic problems depending on the area of the br...
What are the effects of having a stroke?
The effects of a stroke will vary depending on the part of the brain and the amount of brain tissue ...
What should I do if I am feeling depressed after a stroke?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
We all get sad from time to time. We tell ourselves or someone we love to “look at the bright side,”...