Can my vision return after a stroke?

Generally this type of damage is permanent. However, the patient can often adapt and function well. No surgery should be contemplated for this condition because it will not improve the lost visual field.

Continue Learning about Effects of Stroke

How can I tell if a stroke is causing bleeding into the brain?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
There is no way to tell the type of stroke until the person gets to an emergency room and undergoes ...
Can the side effects of a stroke worsen before receiving emergency care?
The effects of a stroke can worsen before the person receives emergency care. Any delay in the treat...
What should I do if I am feeling depressed after a stroke?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
We all get sad from time to time. We tell ourselves or someone we love to “look at the bright side,”...
Is insomnia common after a stroke?
A stroke can affect multiple parts of your brain including areas that control sleep. As a result...