What sexual problems may occur after cancer treatment?

Cancer and treatment can affect survivors in different ways. One area of life that might change is the ability to have or enjoy sex. These types of changes in women following cancer or treatment are sometimes referred to as female sexual dysfunction. The cause may be physical or emotional.

The following may be indicators that it is time to talk with your doctor about concerns related to sex after cancer treatment:

• Loss of desire for sex
  • Negative thoughts and feelings during sex
  • Difficulty reaching climax
  • Vaginal dryness and tightness
  • Pain during sex or when your genital area is touched.

Continue Learning about Effects Of Cancer On The Body

How can I protect myself from infertility caused by cancer treatment?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Some of the more common services or procedures used to treat cancer-related infertility are the foll...
How should I take care of my mouth if I'm undergoing cancer treatment?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The following are recommendations for oral health care when undergoing cancer treatment:You shou...
What are potential after effects of cancer and cancer treatments?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
After effects can be described as long-term or late effects of cancer and treatment. Aftereffects ca...
What Is Cancer Fatigue?
What Is Cancer Fatigue?