How does sunshine make skin look old?

Too much exposure to sunshine contributes to premature skin aging by damaging the skin with ultraviolet radiation, known as UV rays.  This can lead to early development of wrinkles, sagging, and brown “age spots.”  Watch the animation to learn more about protecting your skin from the sun.

Continue Learning about Effect Of Sun On Skin

How does sunlight damage my skin?
Ultraviolet radiation from the sun weakens those elastic collagen fibers that give skin its taut...
How can I tell if the sun is damaging my skin?
One of the ways you can tell if the sun is damaging your skin is if you develop actinic keratosis, w...
Can any medications increase sun damage to skin?
Celeste Robb-NicholsonCeleste Robb-Nicholson
If you're taking certain medications, sun exposure can cause additional damage to your skin. It's im...
How Can I Tell If the Sun Is Damaging My Skin?