Can the sun harm my skin?

When your skin is exposed to the sun, it's susceptible to sunburn and other damage from harmful UVA and UVB rays. Sunburns can cause lasting damage on top of painful redness and blisters. To be safe, always wear sunscreen.

Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing to safeguard your skin from the sun's harmful rays.

Continue Learning about Effect Of Sun On Skin

Why should I limit my time in the sun?
The single most damaging thing a person can do to his or her skin is spend too much time in the ...
What happens if I tan too much?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
So what happens to someone with tanorexia? There are several problems with being obsessed with y...
How does sun exposure affect our skin?
Because exposure to the sun causes most of the skin changes associated with aging, protecting the sk...
How Can I Tell If the Sun Is Damaging My Skin?