Can I take a pill to protect my skin against cumulative sun exposure?

An antioxidant pill called Heliocare contains a number of anti-oxidants and has been credited with helping to reduce or prevent the inflammation caused by sun exposure. It cannot however replace sun block. Heliocare costs about $50 for 60 pills.

Continue Learning about Effect Of Sun On Skin

Does a sunlamp cause less skin damage than the sun?
Indoor tanning is the use of tanning beds, booths or sunlamps to get a tan. Both indoor tanning and ...
Is black skin less prone to sun damage than white skin?
Contrary to popular beliefs, both black and white skin can be damaged by exposure to the sun. While ...
Why should I wear sunscreen while skiing?
Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNKaren L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
When you are skiing, the sunlight will hit your skin from two directions. The first is from direct l...
How Can I Tell If the Sun Is Damaging My Skin?