Can I take a pill to protect my skin against cumulative sun exposure?

An antioxidant pill called Heliocare contains a number of anti-oxidants and has been credited with helping to reduce or prevent the inflammation caused by sun exposure. It cannot however replace sun block. Heliocare costs about $50 for 60 pills.

Continue Learning about Effect Of Sun On Skin

How long can I be in the sun before it is damaging to my skin?
You can be in the sun without sunscreen for up to 20 minutes a day. Humans need the sun to get their...
Why should I limit my time in the sun?
The single most damaging thing a person can do to his or her skin is spend too much time in the ...
What sun allergies exist?
There are no existing sun allergies, but there are medical conditions that may predispose a person t...
How Can I Tell If the Sun Is Damaging My Skin?