Why should I avoid the smallpox vaccine if I have eczema?

If you have ever been diagnosed with eczema you should avoid taking the current smallpox vaccination. Exposure to the smallpox virus in the vaccine can cause serious complications according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. You should also avoid close contact with anyone who has recently been vaccinated. The results of doing so have been fatal in some cases.

Continue Learning about Eczema

The Link Between Genetics and Eczema
The Link Between Genetics and Eczema
While there’s no known cause of eczema, researchers believe a combination of genetic and environmental factors contribute to the condition. Learn more...
What is the relationship between eczema and skin health?
Eczema, also called atopic dermatitis, is a skin condition that often causes dry, itchy rashes on th...
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
Temperature changes can make eczema worse. Here's how to avoid breakouts.
A Virtual Journey: Eczema
A Virtual Journey: Eczema