What should I know about using sunscreen if I have atopic eczema?

Talk to your dermatologist about which sunscreen to use if you have atopic eczema. Some people with atopic dermatitis find that certain sunscreens irritate their skin and worsen their symptoms. One strategy that may help is to do a spot test before applying sunscreen all over your skin. Apply a small amount of sunscreen to the inside of your arm to see if you experience a reaction.

Continue Learning about Eczema

Medications for Pediatric Eczema
Medications for Pediatric Eczema
Though pediatric eczema can be controlled for many patients, flare-ups can still occur, especially among children with moderate to severe pediatric ec...
What type of bacteria plays a role in eczema?
Staphylococcus aureus exacerbates, and possibly even triggers, eczema flare ups. It's more commonly ...
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
Temperature changes can make eczema worse. Here's how to avoid breakouts.
Best and Worst Foods for Eczema
Best and Worst Foods for Eczema