What is the relationship between eczema and skin health?

Eczema, also called atopic dermatitis, is a skin condition that often causes dry, itchy rashes on the skin. Babies and children are most likely to have eczema, and it sometimes disappears as they grow older. Sometimes, though, eczema persists into adulthood. Eczema isn't contagious -- genes and living in dry or urban conditions may play a part in developing eczema. If you think you may have eczema, talk to your doctor about possible treatments to help improve your skin health.

Continue Learning about Eczema

Diet and Exercise for Atopic Dermatitis
Diet and Exercise for Atopic Dermatitis
For people with atopic dermatitis, a type of eczema, eating a healthy diet and getting regular exercise may help prevent flare-ups, plus are an import...
How can I help my doctor assess my eczema?
Before you see a doctor about your eczema there are a few steps you can take to make both your lives...
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
Temperature changes can make eczema worse. Here's how to avoid breakouts.
Tips for Exercising With Eczema
Tips for Exercising With Eczema