How can I tell if my child has eczema?

Here's a trick you can use to diagnose eczema: "Draw" on your child's arm with a fingernail. After about ten seconds, the red line will turn white. Really allergic kids will get a "wheal and flare" response, where it goes white first, then gets red and puffy like a linear hive along the line of the scratch.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Eczema

Eczema

Eczema

Eczema is a chronic allergic skin disorder that runs in families, resulting in red patches of skin that become extremely dry, itchy and irritated. Learn more about eczema from our experts.