How can disinfectant make my child with eczema less itchy?

Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
Allergy & Immunology
My colleagues in dermatology at New York University (NYU) recommend a familiar disinfectant, used in a novel way for eczema: Clorox. Add half a cup to a cup of Clorox to a bathtub of water for toddlers and up -- for infants in a bathinette, use just an ounce -- bathe with the face out of the water for ten minutes and then rinse with clean water. Results can be dramatic.
Asthma Allergies Children: A Parent's Guide

Asthma and allergies are at epidemic proportions. It doesn't have to be that way. Two experienced pediatric allergists tell everything a conscientious parent needs to know about these conditions,...

Continue Learning about Eczema