How do I cleanse my skin if I have eczema?

Talk to a dermatologist about the best way to cleanse your skin if you have eczema. He or she may recommend you use a fragrance-free, unscented cleanser formulated for sensitive skin. Your doctor may suggest soaking in a lukewarm bath for 15 minutes to allow your skin to absorb the water. You can air dry your skin after bathing or use a clean, soft towel and pat your skin dry. Your dermatologist may also recommend slathering your skin with a fragrance-free moisturizer after bathing to help prevent irritation and skin cracks.

Continue Learning about Eczema

The Link Between Genetics and Eczema
The Link Between Genetics and Eczema
While there’s no known cause of eczema, researchers believe a combination of genetic and environmental factors contribute to the condition. Learn more...
If I have eczema, when should I moisturize?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
Patients with eczema have extremely dry skin that is worse during the cold months and aggravated by ...
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
Temperature changes can make eczema worse. Here's how to avoid breakouts.
Do You Have Eczema and Not Know It?
Do You Have Eczema and Not Know It?