How can my bathing habits help manage my eczema?

Simply changing the way you bathe can have a big affect on your eczema. For starters try bathing less often. Many people can get away with showering every other day. When you do take a shower or bath avoid using hot water and limit the amount of time you spend getting clean. It's also a good idea to use a milder soap (or a soap-free cleanser) and to use it sparingly. When it's time to dry off, use a soft towel and pat yourself dry rather than rubbing your skin. Use a  moisturizer immediately afterward to seal moisture in the skin. Bath oils are not usually found to help.

Continue Learning about Eczema

Tips to Control Pediatric Eczema
Tips to Control Pediatric Eczema
While there is no cure for pediatric eczema, there are ways to help children with this skin condition feel relief. Watch Tanya Altmann, MD, share ways...
What is the relationship between eczema and skin health?
Eczema, also called atopic dermatitis, is a skin condition that often causes dry, itchy rashes on th...
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
Temperature changes can make eczema worse. Here's how to avoid breakouts.
Best and Worst Foods for Eczema
Best and Worst Foods for Eczema