Can discoid eczema be a symptom of another condition?

Discoid eczema, also called nummular dermatitis, may be more likely to develop if you have other skin disorders, such as atopic dermatitis. Discoid eczema is a condition that produces round or oval sores. Doctors have also observed that people may be more prone to discoid eczema if they have poor circulation in the legs or a bacterial infection of the skin. Be sure to see a dermatologist if you have symptoms of discoid eczema.

Continue Learning about Eczema

Treatments for Atopic Dermatitis
Treatments for Atopic Dermatitis
Learn about the different treatments and strategies for managing atopic dermatitis in this video with Doris Day, MD. Atopic dermatitis is a type of ec...
How can I help my doctor assess my eczema?
Before you see a doctor about your eczema there are a few steps you can take to make both your lives...
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
Temperature changes can make eczema worse. Here's how to avoid breakouts.
A Virtual Journey: Eczema
A Virtual Journey: Eczema