What are the worst symptoms of Ebola?

When Ebola progresses, you get dehydrated because of vomiting and diarrhea. That can lead to what we call multi-system organ failure: your kidney, liver and other organs start to shut down. As a result, your body also stops producing blood-clotting factors, putting you at risk of serious bleeding from even minor traumas. This is why supportive care is so important, as it provides the necessary fluids to keep your organs functioning. 

Continue Learning about Ebola

Ebola Timeline
Ebola TimelineEbola TimelineEbola TimelineEbola Timeline
See when and where the Ebola virus has struck over the years. As just about everyone knows, Ebola is all over the news these days. But you may not kno...
Ebola Explained in 5 Clicks
Ebola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 Clicks
What you need to know now about the Ebola virus. Ebola is a virus generally found on the African continent that normally lives in animals unaffected b...
Should I Worry About Getting Ebola?
Should I Worry About Getting Ebola?
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?