What should I do if I was exposed to Ebola?

Ebola poses little risk to travelers or the general public who have not cared for or been in close contact (within 3 feet or 1 meter) with someone sick with Ebola for a prolonged period. Signs of Ebola include fever and symptoms such as severe headache, fatigue (feeling very tired), muscle pain, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal (stomach) pain, or unexplained hemorrhage (bleeding or bruising). If you get sick with a fever or other Ebola symptoms, get medical care right away. Do NOT go out in public until you talk to a public health worker. Do what your public health worker told you to do if you got sick. If you are not able to speak with someone right away, call your state or local health department, CDC (1-800-232-4636), or 911 if it is a medical emergency and tell them you were in a country with Ebola.

Continue Learning about Ebola

Lessons From The Largest Ebola Outbreak In History
The largest Ebola outbreak since the disease was discovered in 1976 has been going on since March 2014 and has killed more than 11,000 people in multi...
What happens when a person gets infected with Ebola?
Early Ebola symptoms are similar to the flu, but Ebola can overwhelm the immune system and shut down...
How Ebola Spreads
How Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola Spreads
Learn the truth about your risk of getting the deadly virus.
How Serious is the Risk for Ebola in the United States?