What should I do if I was exposed to Ebola?

Ebola poses little risk to travelers or the general public who have not cared for or been in close contact (within 3 feet or 1 meter) with someone sick with Ebola for a prolonged period. Signs of Ebola include fever and symptoms such as severe headache, fatigue (feeling very tired), muscle pain, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal (stomach) pain, or unexplained hemorrhage (bleeding or bruising). If you get sick with a fever or other Ebola symptoms, get medical care right away. Do NOT go out in public until you talk to a public health worker. Do what your public health worker told you to do if you got sick. If you are not able to speak with someone right away, call your state or local health department, CDC (1-800-232-4636), or 911 if it is a medical emergency and tell them you were in a country with Ebola.

Continue Learning about Ebola

Ebola Timeline
Ebola TimelineEbola TimelineEbola TimelineEbola Timeline
See when and where the Ebola virus has struck over the years. As just about everyone knows, Ebola is all over the news these days. But you may not kno...
How is the Ebola Virus Different From Other Common Viruses?
How Serious is the Risk for Ebola in the United States?
Is There a Cure for Ebola?
Is There a Cure for Ebola?