What if there is a pet in the home of an Ebola patient?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that public health officials in collaboration with a veterinarian evaluate the pet’s risk of exposure to the virus (close contact or exposure to blood or body fluids of an Ebola patient). Based on this evaluation as well as the specific situation, local and state human and animal health officials will determine how the pet should be handled.

Continue Learning about Ebola

Ebola: CDC Guidelines for Healthcare Workers
In October 2014, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued revised guidelines for the protective equipment to be worn by healthcare ...
Can Ebola be contained?
The current response isn't adequate to contain Ebola, says infectious disease expert Alexander van T...
How Ebola Spreads
How Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola Spreads
Learn the truth about your risk of getting the deadly virus.
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?