What is Ebola?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Ebola is one of the deadliest types of hemorrhagic fevers, which are viral infections that cause severe bleeding. In people with Ebola, the virus makes blood vessels weak, which leads to the bleeding. A high fever also accompanies the illness. Death occurs in up to 90% of people who are infected with Ebola. The illness occurs in sporadic outbreaks, always originating in equatorial Afria. The 2014 outbreak of Ebola has been by far the worst on record. 

Continue Learning about Ebola

Ebola Explained in 5 Clicks
Ebola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 Clicks
What you need to know now about the Ebola virus. Ebola is a virus generally found on the African continent that normally lives in animals unaffected b...
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?
Why Do We Need Specialized Facilities to Treat Ebola?
Is There a Cure for Ebola?
Is There a Cure for Ebola?