What increases my risk for Ebola?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

The risk of being infected with Ebola is very low for most people. You are at risk only if you have traveled to an area where an outbreak is ongoing, had contact with a person infected with the Ebola virus, or cared for someone who is infected. A small number of accidental infections have occurred among people who handled infected animals in research settings. 

Continue Learning about Ebola

How Ebola Spreads
How Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola Spreads
Learn the truth about your risk of getting the deadly virus. Nearly 40 years after Ebola was first discovered in Africa, there is still no vaccine for...
Does ZMapp Work as a Treatment for Ebola?
Should I Worry About Getting Ebola?
Should I Worry About Getting Ebola?
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?