What are the symptoms of Ebola?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

The symptoms of Ebola begin two days to a few weeks after a person has been exposed to the virus. Early symptoms of Ebola may include weakness, nausea, diarrhea, fever, and muscle aches. As the person becomes sicker with the virus, symptoms may worsen to include bleeding, especially from the eyes, mouth, nose, ears, and rectum. Other symptoms can include a purplish or bleeding rash, coma, and seizures.

Continue Learning about Ebola

How Ebola Spreads
How Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola Spreads
Learn the truth about your risk of getting the deadly virus. Nearly 40 years after Ebola was first discovered in Africa, there is still no vaccine for...
Ebola Explained in 5 Clicks
Ebola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 Clicks
What you need to know now about the Ebola virus. Ebola is a virus generally found on the African continent that normally lives in animals unaffected b...
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?
How is the Ebola Virus Different From Other Common Viruses?