If I'm infected with Ebola, what are my chances of recovering from it?

Recovery from Ebola depends on good supportive care and the person’s immune response. Timely treatment of Ebola is also important, but it can be challenging since the disease is difficult to diagnose clinically in the early stages of infection.

People who recover from Ebola infection develop antibodies that last for at least 10 years, possibly longer. It isn't known if people who recover are immune for life or if they can become infected with a different species of Ebola. Some people who have recovered from Ebola have developed long-term complications, such as joint and vision problems.

Continue Learning about Ebola

Ebola Timeline
Ebola TimelineEbola TimelineEbola TimelineEbola Timeline
See when and where the Ebola virus has struck over the years. As just about everyone knows, Ebola is all over the news these days. But you may not kno...
Does ZMapp Work as a Treatment for Ebola?
What is Ebola?
What is Ebola?
What is the Most Important Thing to Know about an Ebola Outbreak?