How Is a blood test for Ebola handled to prevent contamination?

Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Emergency Medicine
Blood tests for Ebola get special treatment to avoid spreading the disease. In this video, Darria Long Gillespie, MD, explains the unique precautions hospitals must take.  

Continue Learning about Ebola

Lessons From The Largest Ebola Outbreak In History
The largest Ebola outbreak since the disease was discovered in 1976 has been going on since March 2014 and has killed more than 11,000 people in multi...
What should I do if I think I have Ebola?
Unless you have been in contact with a person sick with Ebola in West Africa, it is very unlikely th...
Ebola Timeline
Ebola TimelineEbola TimelineEbola TimelineEbola Timeline
See when and where the Ebola virus has struck over the years.
Is There a Cure for Ebola?
Is There a Cure for Ebola?