How do I care for someone with Ebola?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
You should not be caring for a person with Ebola. People with Ebola are extremely ill and should be treated in specialized hospital units with strict infection control procedures. Health care providers who are treating a person with Ebola must wear gloves, a gown, eye protection and a facemask and take other precautions to protect themselves.

Continue Learning about Ebola

Ebola Explained in 5 Clicks
Ebola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 Clicks
What you need to know now about the Ebola virus. Ebola is a virus generally found on the African continent that normally lives in animals unaffected b...
How Ebola Spreads
How Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola SpreadsHow Ebola Spreads
Learn the truth about your risk of getting the deadly virus. Nearly 40 years after Ebola was first discovered in Africa, there is still no vaccine for...
Ebola Timeline
Ebola TimelineEbola TimelineEbola TimelineEbola Timeline
See when and where the Ebola virus has struck over the years. As just about everyone knows, Ebola is all over the news these days. But you may not kno...
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?