Are there alternative treatments for Ebola?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Ebola is one of the deadliest types of hemorrhagic fevers, which are viral infections that can cause severe bleeding. Unfortunately, there are not yet any approved vaccines or medications for Ebola, though vaccines are in development and some experimental treatments have shown promise. People who are infected with Ebola usually receive supportive care, such as intravenous fluids and oxygen, in hospital facilities with specialized infection control procedures. No alternative remedies have been shown to help. 

Continue Learning about Ebola

Ebola Explained in 5 Clicks
Ebola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 ClicksEbola Explained in 5 Clicks
What you need to know now about the Ebola virus. Ebola is a virus generally found on the African continent that normally lives in animals unaffected b...
What is the Most Important Thing to Know about an Ebola Outbreak?
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?
How Can I Protect Myself Against Ebola?
Is There a Cure for Ebola?
Is There a Cure for Ebola?