Why should I eat frequent meals throughout the day?

Manuel Villacorta
When you eat frequently throughout the day, you control dopamine and serotonin, which gives you a sense of well-being. So in order to avoid the 3:00 pm doughnut temptation, fuel up throughout the day with the right food (protein and carbs). That way, you are constantly producing dopamine and serotonin, which keep you alert and relaxed, and you're taking a proactive stance in the battle against bad eating. I recommend eating every three to four hours and eating breakfast within the first hour of waking up. I make it a point to eat something sensible every three hours and, miraculously, I never feel that I'm cranky and starving.
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition