Why should I eat frequent meals throughout the day?

Manuel Villacorta
When you eat frequently throughout the day, you control dopamine and serotonin, which gives you a sense of well-being. So in order to avoid the 3:00 pm doughnut temptation, fuel up throughout the day with the right food (protein and carbs). That way, you are constantly producing dopamine and serotonin, which keep you alert and relaxed, and you're taking a proactive stance in the battle against bad eating. I recommend eating every three to four hours and eating breakfast within the first hour of waking up. I make it a point to eat something sensible every three hours and, miraculously, I never feel that I'm cranky and starving.
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Munch On Healthy Proteins For Energy All Day
Whether you’re off for a brisk walk or a championship bout, it’s important to eat right so you don’t run out of steam. A study says the best way to do...
What are healthy eating habits?
Here are some healthy eating habits: Skipping meals can cause your body to go into a fat-storing ...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
How Do We Solve a Healthcare Problem that Will Take a Cultural Shift to Solve?