Which factors influence what I prefer to eat?

As much as we would like to blame it on the buds, many other factors influence what we prefer to eat. The sense of touch might play a role because a person's ability to perceive the creaminess of fats may influence palatability. Then there are individual differences in the ability to fight food urges, try new foods, learn eating behaviors (yes, you can learn to love a new food), and other genetic influences.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Fast Fasting and Slowing Down Disease
Fast Fasting and Slowing Down Disease
Can you match the following authors, Benjamin Franklin, Plutarch (an ancient Greek moralist) and Paracelsus (one of the fathers of Western medicine), ...
What role do habits play in weight gain?
Habits are the protagonists in everyone’s weight gain (or weight loss) story. Your habits determine ...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
How Can I Tell If I Am Hungry?
How Can I Tell If I Am Hungry?