What can I do to stop mindless eating?

Every find yourself standing at the kitchen counter with an open bag of potato chips, wondering 'How did I get here?" In this video, fitness expert Chris Powell shares an easy trick for putting the brakes on mindless eating.

Judy Caplan
Food journaling is a great way to get in touch with your hunger. Write down your level of hunger every time you eat something. Soon you will begin to identify when you are really hungry and when you are eating for other reasons such as boredom or to reduce anxiety. Start exercising. Once you expend the time and energy to work out, you usually begin to pay more attention to what you eat and when.

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Healthy Restaurant Eating
Healthy Restaurant Eating
The latest survey of restaurant meals in America reveals how easy it is to set off a nutrition bomb when you eat out. The Big Hook Up platter from Joe...
How should I create a meal plan?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Create a meal plan for each week to guide your eating based on the US Department of Agriculture ...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
What Is Mindful Eating?
What Is Mindful Eating?