What should I do if junk food is all that's available?

Marisa Moore
Even if junk food or fast food is all that's available, there are often healthier options to choose from. In this video, nutritionist Marisa Moore, RDN, explains which options are most wholesome at a fast food restaurant, or in a vending machine.
Junk food and fast food are the demise of most of us -- fast, cheap, accessible, tasty and rewarding. As with all things, moderation is the order of the day, and sometimes junk food is thrust upon us on a road trip, in an airport or at a kid’s party. If you do eat junk, at least walk away when you are full. The world makes it hard to eat well, but you can do it by remaining mindful. Pizza is not inherently bad; it’s all about portion size. You know that eating an entire pizza is unhealthy, so don’t do it. One slice? Bon appétit!
You Are WHY You Eat: Change Your Food Attitude, Change Your Life

An intelligent, timely, and prescriptive book that shows how your attitude towards food often reflects your attitude towards other areas in your life--jobs, relationships, money--and how you can...

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

The Bitter Truth About Sugar
The Bitter Truth About Sugar
What weighs in at 66 pounds (per year—every year—per person) in America? Sugar! That’s how much you’re taking in from high fructose corn syrup, cane s...
How can I break my habit of eating while watching TV?
Tori  Holthaus, MS, RDTori Holthaus, MS, RD
I recently heard it takes 21 days to break a habit, so for the next 3 weeks find an alternative acti...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
How Can I Tell If I Am Hungry?
How Can I Tell If I Am Hungry?