What are the right portion sizes if I am trying to eat low-carb?

You can use your hands to measure the right portion size:
  • Carbs = Fist. A serving of carbs should be about the size of your fist.
  • Protein = Palm. A serving of meat, poultry or fish should be about the size of your palm.
  • Fats = Thumb. A serving of fats should be about the size of your thumb.
  • Fruits and Veggies = Handfuls. For fruits and veggies, grab all you can hold!
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Why You Eat: Genetics vs. Environment
Why You Eat: Genetics vs. Environment
It's easy to argue that lifestyle choices and lack of willpower are responsible for weight problems (it's the argument that lean people tend to make)....
How can adding a pinch of salt to fruit help curb my cravings for sweets?
Chris PowellChris Powell
Adding a pinch of salt to your fruit can help curb cravings for sweets in that it accentuates and en...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
Best Food Combination to Lower Cholesterol