What is meal multitasking?

Meal multitasking means doing other things while you're eating, such as: watching TV, reading, working at the computer or driving (which is also dangerous). These habits take the focus off the food and make you more likely to overeat without realizing it.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

2 Keys to Eating Better
2 Keys to Eating Better
Getting more goodness into your meals could be as easy as these two steps: Plan ahead, and eat at the dinner table. If you’re like many people, you h...
If given a choice, do people tend to choose healthy or unhealthy foods?
Dr. Oz, together with a New Jersey mayor, set up a free lunch "sting" operation to observe how the p...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
How Can I Overcome Food Cravings If I'm Trying to Lose Weight?