What are some healthy snacks to offer during a meeting break?

Depending on the length of the meeting, consider whether it is necessary to offer a healthy morning and afternoon food break. The following are some light refreshment options:
  • sliced fresh fruit and vegetable tray -- offered with low-fat dips
  • whole grain crackers or granola bars -- look for 5 grams (g) fat or less per serving
  • an assortment of low-fat cheeses and whole grain crackers
  • baked pita chips served with hummus
  • whole grain muffins (cut in half if not serving mini muffins) and whole grain breads
  • low-fat yogurt
  • pretzels, popcorn, baked chips and trail mixes

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Need a Healthy Snack? Think Foods High in Protein
If just the thought of starting another diet leaves you hungrier than a teenager at soccer camp, we've got two words for you: protein snacks. Yes, plu...
How do I make sure my family has time for breakfast?
Stefanie Sacks, MSStefanie Sacks, MS
Making time for breakfast is very important from a nourishment perspective. To alleviate normal morn...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
How Has Food Science Changed in the Last 30 to 40 Years?