What foods should I keep in my fridge and freezer if I want to lose weight?

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
Have a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables in your fridge. If you pick lots of bright colors, you are most likely to get a variety of nutrients. Bright colors, especially reds and greens, indicate high antioxidant content. Frozen fruits and vegetables, low-fat milk, yogurt, nut milks, reduced fat cheese, eggs (especially omega-3 enriched), egg whites and egg substitutes are great staples. Choose skinless chicken or turkey breasts, pork tenderloin and lean cuts of beef for healthy meat options.

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Simple Ways to Eat Healthy When You’re Busy
The Mars-exploring spacecraft InSight made a 300 million-mile journey that was artfully guided by scientists at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena,...
How can I break my habit of eating while watching TV?
Tori  Holthaus, MS, RDTori Holthaus, MS, RD
I recently heard it takes 21 days to break a habit, so for the next 3 weeks find an alternative acti...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
How Can I Choose Convenience Foods That Are Healthy?