What can my dog teach me about eating leftovers?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
Your vet has probably cautioned you not to give your dog table scraps. "Dog food is for dogs and people food for people." You shouldn't give your dog table scraps because it's not healthy for him -- he already gets enough nutrition and calories from his regular dog food. You wouldn't encourage your dog to jump up on your kitchen table and finish the scraps off of everyone's plates. Don't do the same thing yourself. The next time you're tempted to finish that half eaten candy bar leftover in your child's lunchbox, remember your dog and toss it in the trash. You probably wouldn't think about gobbling your dog's leftover kibble. Don't eat leftover human kibble either.
Fit As Fido: Follow Your Dog to Better Health

Let your dog teach you to live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life! Companionship with your pet can be used as a means and a motivator to increase your own physical and mental fitness....

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

6 Best Picks and Skips at the Salad Bar
6 Best Picks and Skips at the Salad Bar
Salad bars can be diet salvation or junk-food minefields. Here's how to get from one end to the other without detonating an explosion of bad fats, sod...
How can sitting down to eat help my digestion?
Dr. Peter Bongiorno, NDDr. Peter Bongiorno, ND
Sitting down to chew and eat a meal slowly will help digestion for the many of us who usually ea...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
Retrain Your Tongue to Love Vegetables
Retrain Your Tongue to Love Vegetables