What causes me to feel full so soon when eating?

Patricia Raymond, MD
Gastroenterology
We know that normal stomachs empty at a standard rate of about halfway emptied (T1/2) between 20 to 50 minutes.

If your stomach empties slower than normal, a possibility if you either feel full early in a meal (called "early satiety") or regurgitate food material over an hour after consumed, the cause includes a narrow pyloric channel (the opening between the stomach and small intestine) or a condition called gastroparesis.

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Need a Healthy Snack? Think Foods High in Protein
If just the thought of starting another diet leaves you hungrier than a teenager at soccer camp, we've got two words for you: protein snacks. Yes, plu...
Is eating before going to bed bad for me?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
You don't want to go to bed hungry; but our bodies were not designed to digest food lying down, so y...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
What Is Mindful Eating?
What Is Mindful Eating?