What are the benefits of grazing on a diet?

The benefits are you can eat more...more often that is! When you graze (eat every 2-3 hours) you tend to eat smaller portions because you don't feel as hungry. Always start the day with a healthy breakfast, which is what it says (breaking the fast). Then have a snack midway in between your breakfast and lunch. Again, after your lunch before your dinner. A small snack before bed is also acceptable. You want these snacks to be about 200 calories or less. If you keep these five to six snacks/meals small, your body will adjust to this and eventually you will feel fuller on less food.

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Healthy Restaurant Eating
Healthy Restaurant Eating
The latest survey of restaurant meals in America reveals how easy it is to set off a nutrition bomb when you eat out. The Big Hook Up platter from Joe...
How can eating while distracted lead to weight gain?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
All calories count. Mindless eating can lead to extra calories that lead to weight gain. If you are ...
How can I make changes in my eating patterns?
Kate MyersonKate Myerson
Sometimes it's not just what we eat but how we eat and why we have the eating habits we do. For e...
How Does Pepsi Make a Difference in Global Hunger?