Is it OK to eat only a small amount of junk food?

Dr. Lydie Hazan dispels the myth that eating fast food in small amounts is okay for teens. Watch this video from Discovery Health.

Sharon Richter, RD
Take away the thoughts of "good" and "bad" food.  Ideally, you should intake foods that are nutrient-dense and will give your body energy, protein, good fats, vitamins and minerals.  But give yourself a break once in a while. If you are really craving a less-healthy food, allow yourself to have a small amount of it.  Try to slowly chew each bit and see if it was as good as you hoped.  You can also try to make a healthier version. For example, when baking, replace the fat (butter/oil) with unsweetened apple sauce.

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Are You a Captive Black Rhino?
Are You a Captive Black Rhino?
You may already know that the rhinoceros is being illegally hunted to near extinction. (A single horn can go for over $250,000 on the black market.) W...
How does an irregular eating schedule affect my health?
When you eat meals at different times rather than on a regular schedule, your body goes into stress ...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
What Can I Do to Stop Mindless Eating?
What Can I Do to Stop Mindless Eating?