Is it okay to eat at night?

My general rule is to avoid eating 2-3 hours before bedtime. So if you’re going to bed at 10, that means your last meal should end at 7 or 8. You want your body to have time to start burning off those calories before you hit the hay. And many of us tend to eat the sweet and salty foods at night that can really add the weight. Plus, eating late at night forces your body and brain to be digesting instead of resting.

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

How to Eliminate Ultra-Processed Foods From Your Diet
When digital TV arrived in the 1990s, broadcasters embraced ultra-high frequency transmission for cable and the airwaves—revolutionizing the way we re...
How do I get in touch with my body's true hunger signals to eat healthy?
Dominique AdairDominique Adair
In my practice we use hunger scales a lot. Keep a food log for a few days, writing down everything y...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
How Artificial Sweeteners May be Causing Weight Gain