How can eating junk food affect my moods?

Eating junk food -- macaroni and cheese, chocolate chip cookies, fried chicken, ice cream -- can make us feel better for a few minutes, until the negative mood swings back into action. That's often a result of the way certain foods raise and lower blood sugar or disrupt our bodily systems in other ways. Eating too much of one type of food or not enough of a certain nutrient can have both short- and long-term effects on mood.

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Healthy Restaurant Eating
Healthy Restaurant Eating
The latest survey of restaurant meals in America reveals how easy it is to set off a nutrition bomb when you eat out. The Big Hook Up platter from Joe...
How can meal replacements help me achieve long-term weight control?
Kat Barefield, MS, RDKat Barefield, MS, RD
Meal replacements have been shown to be extremely effective for weight loss, and in almost all cases...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
Dr. Oz’s Bite Club Members Tried The 5-Day Easy Meal System