How can I eat healthy during a business trip?

Manuel Villacorta
Business travel can be one of the toughest situations for eating properly because you're moving quickly and perhaps dining with groups of people. That's why it's imperative to plan your snacks and bring them with you. While it's always best to eat real food, I understand the limitations that business travel can cause. Always plan, plan, plan. Whatever your schedule and wherever you are, you must eat breakfast. Most hotels offer a decent, healthy meal and allow you to order yogurt and fruits instead of the standard pastry buffets. When ordering room service or off a restaurant menu, feel free to ask for specific preparations. If you are at an airport and you don't have anything with you, find a healthy option. Never go beyond three to four hours without eating. Most restaurants, including fast-food chains, offer salads and fruit selections. Just remember to eat! Otherwise, you will create a perfect storm for weight gain.
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition