How can I control my daily calorie intake?

Dr. Vonda Wright, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Calories may be sneaking into your body when you are not watching. A good way to take control of your intake is to find out what you really do eat every day. It is easy for extra calories to sneak in when we are not consciously keeping track. Pay attention and take action in what you eat by consciously writing down everything. I want it all -- what you eat, drink, snack, and sneak from the minute you wake up until the minute you go to sleep. Make sure you record the time too. If you are eating prepared food, read the label and fill in the calories and grams of protein, fat, and carbs consumed.

Review your intake. Are there high-calorie foods you consistently eat? Are you a late-night snacker, or do you crave the afternoon candy bar? Do you drink a glass of juice for breakfast? Even if weight is not an issue for you, tracking what you eat is an amazing way to get a handle on what finds its way into your body.
Dr. Vonda Wright's Guide to Thrive: 4 Steps to Body, Brains, and Bliss

Dr. Wright unfolds her Guide to Thrive by preparing readers for six remarkable months of body, brains, and bliss transformation, using her framework of the four practical steps. As a scientist and...

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition